When you want to integrate your existing Learning Management System (LMS) with TrainTool to enable single sign on (SSO) we offer support for the following integrations:
Note: TrainTool is not designed to be an LMS replacement, therefore there's no way to integrate other learning software into TrainTool.
How it works for users
1. Users launch their TrainTool learning activity from your LMS.
2. The user is automatically signed on to the web version of TrainTool.
3a. If the user already exists in TrainTool, they are immediately referred to the corresponding program and can simply continue.
3b. If the user does not yet exist in TrainTool, a new user is automatically created* and enrolled into the program. They receive the suggestion to use the mobile app (as this is generally preferred by our users).
1. Request the connection credentials from your account manager
You need a consumer key and a shared secret.
2. Add an "LTI Tool Provider" in your LMS with the following information:
|Tool base URL||https://[accountname].traintool.com/api/lti|
|Consumer key||16 character key you received in step 1|
|Shared secret||received in step 1|
|Launch container||New window|
|Launch_presentation_return_url||the URL to send users after they exit TrainTool|
3. Create a new "LTI Activity"
Create activities at each points in your course where you want to link an activity to TrainTool or a specific TrainTool program/course. Use the same properties as above, but additionally add the property program_id and use the program ID that you find in the program overview in the TrainTool admin:
Note: to implement callbacks for reporting of Score and Progress, get in contact with Traintool to discuss how to implement this.
1. Request a SCORM package for each of your programs
2. Create a new activity in your LMS and upload the SCORM package. Make sure the package opens in a new window.
SURFconext or Custom API
Please contact us.